Charbroiled oysters are one of New Orleans special treats to the world. After several visits to the big easy and sampling them from several different locations I let my taste buds guide me to create this gem of a recipe.
*This post is sponsored by Kingsford, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
½ cup grate Romano
6 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
2 tbspw Worcestershire sauce
The zest of one lemon
2 tbsp panko bread crumbs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp crushed red pepper
24 large fresh oysters on the half shell
1. Preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
2. Pulse all ingredients except the bread crumbs and oysters in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
3. Fold in breadcrumbs
4. Arrange oysters in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
5. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the butter mixture into each oyster.
6. Grill, uncovered, about 3 minutes or until edges curl.
7. Serve immediately with crackers and hot sauce.
For more delicious Kingsford recipes visit